You might experience changes in the vagina following vaginal
delivery. Soreness in the vagina is a common problem after childbirth. The natural elasticity of the vaginal walls helps to expand the vagina to enable childbirth. After delivery, the vagina gradually returns to its previous shape. However, episiotomy, a surgical procedure undertaken to ease vaginal delivery might injure the vaginal walls. As a result, the vagina might lose its natural elasticity and it might become larger than normal. Changes in the vaginal walls largely occur due to reduced estrogen secretion.
Vaginal atrophy, a condition characterized by thinning and swelling of the vaginal walls usually occurs after menopause. It makes sexual intercourse painful and reduces interest in sex. Vaginal atrophy starts developing several years prior to menopause.
In some cases, fluctuations in estrogen secretion during breastfeeding might cause vaginal atrophy. It could also develop as a side effect of hormonal therapy or chemotherapy for treating breast cancer or other forms of cancers.
The vaginal discharge helps to restore the health of the vagina. Changes in the normal vaginal discharge are the first signs of vaginal problems.
· Fungal and bacterial infections are common causes of vaginal discomfort. They are associated with excess secretion of vaginal discharge. The color of the discharge changes and it becomes either watery or thick like cottage cheese. Vaginal yeast infections are frequently associated with foul odor in the vagina.
- Watery vaginal discharge might indicate presence of sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea and Chlamydia.
- Besides changes in vaginal discharge, vaginal infections also cause redness, inflammation, pain and itching in the vaginal area.
- And painful sexual intercourse owing to vaginal disorders reduces sex.
- How are vaginal problems treated?
- How are vaginal problems treated naturally?
To learn more and to find out the answers to the questions above and also other related issues including how to tighten the vagina for an improved and better sex life, how to restore your hymen etc. , click here